We all know the sort on inconvenience that can be caused by leaking roofs, and not to mention the sort of damage that it could do to the house. Leaking roofs can cause structural damage to buildings, including attics, ceilings, and walls, create health and safety problems for the inhabitants, as well as a hazard when it gets to the wiring of the building. Roof leaks need to be identified and repaired at the earliest point possible in order to avoid such occurrences. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the common causes of roof leaks.
- Broken or missing shingles – these can be caused by things like strong winds and heavy rains, and the shingles need to be checked physically on a regular basis.
- Flashing damage – Flashings are found under the shingles, creating water resistant barriers. They can slip out of place or get damaged, leading to leaking.
- Aging –aging is another thing that can lead to leaking roofs, since the roofing material weakens and gives in to harsh weather such as heavy rains and sunshine. This is why regular checkups are important.
- Clogged gutters – When gutters are clogged by debris, it slows down the movement of water, and as it pools, it leads to leaking.
- Skylights – this is usually caused during the installation of the skylight.
- Chimney – this is another common cause of leakage, and especially when it has a slight crack.
- Roof vents –With time, plastic roof vents are bound to crack, making them vulnerable to leakages.
- Soffit or fascia damage – As they age, water is more likely to damage soffits and fascia are at risk of water damage over time. Water can soften the fascia boards, leading to leakages. They can also be damaged by small animals and birds, who can then make them their homes.
- Excess moisture – Improper installation of gutters means that water is more likely to pool and cause leaks, which will lead to excessive moisture in the walls.
- Holes –Things such as branches from trees or things such as satellite dishes installed on the roof can easily lead to holes, which then become a source of water leakage. You can get more information on www.energystar.gov/products/building_products/roof_products
Ridgeline Roofers – Roof Repair and Replacement
In the event that you realize your roof is leaking, it is time to call in the professionals so that they can repair it or replace it. this is what brings us to ridgeline Roofers, a roofing company that serves Ashburn, Sterling & Purcellville, Virginia. They provide quality roof repair Northern Virginia services and are available for emergency repairs 24-hours a day. Among the services that Ridgeline Roofers offers include:
- Roof, Siding and Gutter Repair Services
- Roofing Contractor
- Siding Contractor
- Roof Repairs and Replacement
- Siding Repairs and Replacement
- Gutter Repairs and Replacement
The company can come and diagnose where the problem with your roof lies, and also advise whether you need to repair it or replace it. Click here for more information.
There are many causes of leakages in roofs depending on the type of roof you have, the environment, and the maintenance schedule. You need to have a reliable contractor to take care of your roof and Ridgeline Roofers just that, excellent.